Let's make this official!

>> Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I've spent enough time polishing my Visio floor plan - I've had enough conversations with friends, contractors, and architects - I've stared at my basement walls long enough - it's time to make it official!

Yesterday I walked into my township's building, entered the Public Works / Safety Codes Enforcement Dept, and talked with Rose to apply for my building permit.  A lot less scary than my first visit, but I still felt like a fish out of water.  I knew that I needed to make 3 copies of the plans, but I didn't know that they didn't need before and after drawings.  So in order to make my plans complete, I picked up a pencil and transcribed dimensions from my as-is drawings to my to-be plans.  $194 later, I'm official.  
So the next step is to wait for a phone call.  The inspector is going to review what I submitted and call with questions and concerns.  Hopefully that is a short phone call...

1 comments:

Brian December 5, 2012 at 10:37 AM  

Hi,

I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could e-mail me?

Brian

Post a Comment