Too much stuff!

>> Tuesday, February 22, 2011

  

So what do you do when you have too much stuff?  Goodwill and Craigslist!  I previously blogged about organizing the basement, but for me that generally means taking everything in the room and throwing it into the center.  It lets me survey the damage.  And once the center starts to clear out, then its time to grab all the "scraps" and throw 'em into the center.  I'm a little strange, eh?

And if you are thinking about throwing something out, don't!  Post it on the craigslist "free" listings. Seriously, within a couple hours I had about 8 emails asking to pick up 6 panes of glass (who knew?) and a semi-operational sewing machine. Great stuff.

I'm also happy to give old cloths and household items to the Goodwill.  It feels so good after it is all packed up and in the car!  If you itemize on your taxes, don't forget to record what you gave...otherwise you might be missing out on reclaiming a good chunk of change back from the government.  I bet that this pile of clothes will help us reclaim $100-$150!

0 comments:

Post a Comment